Friday, January 1, 2010

A pointless outdated Kill Bill references post.

All six-and-a-half of you unfortunate souls who stumbled across this blog probably already know that Kill Bill is chock full of references to other works. For the most part, these have been covered by a lot of other blogs, most of them much better and more popular than my pathetic netrag, which means that this post is pretty trite and outdated by now. However, I think I stumbled across a reference that I haven't seen on any other places on the interwebs yet:

Does this seem like a bit of a stretch? Keep in mind that on his commentary for the Rolling Thunder edition of Chungking Express, Tarantino praised Peking Opera Blues. Here's some more crap I found on my free time that other people have probably already found:


Nothing too special here. More than any other movie, Kill Bill of course references Lady Snowblood. Most people have picked up on these two images:

Some things I have not seen get talked about. Take, for instance, this little monolog:
O-Ren Ishii seems to have Meiko Kaji's signature ominous stare:
I might be stretching a bit here, but I think this zoom is worth noting:
This is your typical action film zoom which can be seen in many action films from Japan and Hong Kong, but compare Uma's facial expression to Meiko's in the following sequence:
This is all for educational purposes (save the kids!) so don't sue me. You probably already knew that, but this line makes Blogspot happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment